Dean Martin and Perry Como sing ‘Return To Me’
In honor of the day of love I have compiled a list of my top ten favorite ‘lovey dovey’ movies (or movies based on books). Later this week I’ll spotlight some love songs to swoon over, so stay tuned.
Grab some popcorn and snuggle up before tomorrow, which is the really important day…when all the Valentine’s Day candy goes on sale! 🙂
I love (in no particular order)…
1. Return to Me – A widower meets a woman who has a heartfelt secret. The title comes from one of my favorite songs recorded by Dean Martin.
3. Leap Year – Anna goes to Ireland. I’m such a sucker for this movie…haha.
5. Notting Hill – Yes, another man with a sexy foreign accent. I’m in.
6. While You Were Sleeping – I love movies/books where one crazy thing leads to another and then it gets out of hand and the protagonist ends up thinking ‘How in the hell did I get myself into this mess?’
7. Penelope – There’s more to this than the love story, but I love her fairytale-ish visually spectacular journey.